This clinical book combo contains 2 excellent resources (Value $54.90)
- The best selling Essential Aussie Drugs
- A great new resource Concise guide to common antibiotics, pathogens & infections
The first book in this combo is….
This full colour second edition contains:
- More than 3300 drug names organised alphabetically
- Trade and Generic names, Drug class, and Indication for almost any drug you will administer
- Definitions of >900 medical abbreviations
- Review of commonly used drug suffixes
- A brief summary of the Mechanisms of Action for 49 common drug classes
A terrific pharmacology resource for health care professionals and students alike!
Trouble remembering trade and generic drug names? This little pocket book will help!
Be one of the first to get your hands on the second edition of this best selling book!
Also in this combo….
This full colour book contains 154 pages jam-packed with important concise information on 61 commonly used antibiotics including:
- their class
- mechanism of action (explained as an image)
- their antibiotic spectrum
- whether they are bactericidal or bacteriostatic
- their common trade names (for both Australian and New Zealand)
- their pharmacokinetic properties
- pregnancy category
- special considerations
- when they are commonly used.
The is also great information regarding 54 common pathogens such as:
- their structure
- their image (colour coded to Gram stain)
- their transmission & reservoir
- whether they are normal flora
- if they produce a toxin
- most common infection control precautions
- sensitivity & resistance profiles
- their mechanism of antibiotic resistance
- common infections for which they are responsible
- general comments specific to pathogen
The appendices contain lots of excellent information including:
- Antibiotic stewardship
- Chain of infection & ways to break the chain
- Pathogen resistance mechanisms
- Trade/generic cross reference for antibiotics listed