So, you’ve gotten into Uni to start your study in a health care profession!… Congratulations – That is wonderful! But now you realise that you are going to have to do Science! Human Biology!…. Either, it has been such a long time since you’ve done biology or, you’ve never done it. How will you cope? Can you pass?!
The answer is – Of course you can!…. But if you want to ease into it, come to this excellent introductory course, taught by an Academic with 20 years experience teaching biology to students studying human health course such as nursing, paramedicine, midwifery, physio, speech path, occupational therapy…..
By the end of the week, you’ll be more prepared for Uni and with a tool kit of skills to help you succeed, and some fundamental human biology knowledge critical to understand the 1st semester.
Workshop dates available:
- 4th – 8th January, 2021
- 18th – 22nd January, 2021
- 1st – 5th February, 2021
- 15th – 19th February, 2021
Who should come to this Biol Bootcamp?
- Anyone who has just been accepted into a health care course at Uni
- Anyone who is new to science or worries about keeping up in the biology course
- Anyone who has struggled with biology in the past or hasn’t studied it in a very long time
What will I learn at Biol Bootcamp?
- Surviving Science @ uni
- What, where, when?
- 1st week down – I’m still standing!
- “Don’t get it?!” – The language
Human biology – Necessary Basics
- The body – the big bits you can see (and name)
- The systems – everything working together
- The organs – what & how (basic)
- Cells & tissues – getting smaller
- The cells – What’s inside?
- The cell membrane – Is that really important?
- Putting it all together.
How is this Biol Bootcamp different?
- We use activities, games and fun techniques to understand the content.
- It’s not all about memorising facts! It’s about understanding…. Then memory follows without effort.
In 15 hours (5 days X 3 hours/day – for 1 week) you’ll be so much more prepared than you thought you could ever be!
We also offer complimentary ongoing (online) support in those first few weeks of uni for those who have completed the Biol Bootcamp workshop! What have you got to lose!